Kauai Surf Lessons
- We teach surf lessons year round in sunny Poipu Beach on the south side of Kauai with group and private surf lessons for the beginner to intermediate surfer.
- By limiting our class size to 4 surfers to each instructor the personal attention needed for surfing success is guaranteed. We focus on technique and safety in every lesson.
- Our mission is simply to give surfers the basic foundation to encourage growth in their surfing. We incorporate ocean knowledge, water safety, and fun while exploring Kauai, the garden island.
- The only prerequisite for learning how to surf is knowing how to swim. So there are not many excuses, we have taught every type of person from 2 years old to 75 years young.
- We are great with kids and love teaching them about surfing and the ocean. There is a need to be considerate to our other students and the safety of the child while surfing. We ask is if the child is 9 years old or younger and surfing in a group lesson that the parent or guardian are in the lesson themselves or on the beach to help as needed.
- We can also accommodate larger families or groups of friends with multiple instructors. Reunions and company parties are a great excuse to go surfing. We offer these options to ensure that you get the surfing vacation that you are looking for.
No more than 4 students per instructor. We can accommodate a large family by adding instructors.
Private and Semi Private lessons include everything that the group lessons offer with smaller surfer to instructor ratio.
Kids’ Private Lesson
For children 12 years old and under. Minimum age is 4 years old. Includes all equipment needed.
Lesson times are 8:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm. Check-in for surf lessons 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Check-in is at the Kiahuna Beach Shack in front of the Kiahuna Plantation Resort. There are public restrooms and showers available. We suggest not wearing valuable items.